Friday, July 13, 2012

Beach Treat Buckets

We are heading down to South Padre Island this weekend for a very short but anticipated day and 1/2 at the beach with my parents, sister-in-law, nieces and nephews.  My oldest LOVES the beach and even though we live within 3 hours of one it seems we never make the time to head down to it.  So we can't wait!

And being the kind of mom and aunt who likes to give small gifts to the kiddos sometimes just because I can, I decided to make them each a beach treat bucket.  Cheap, easy but will definitely be useful in and around the sandy beach.

I found the buckets (which came with shovels) and the sand shapers for $1 each at the dollar store.  I took an old paint pen and wrote their name with the date on the buckets just to personalize things a bit.  I then added different fun and practical snacks that would be easy in the car and on the beach for kids from 1 year to 13 years of age (homemade rice krispie treats and cookies not pictured those are more for me than the kids!), along with one special candy treat for each child and a chapstick (99cents at wallyworld). 

Useful, inexpensive and if it breaks or gets left behind, no biggie!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment