Saturday, June 30, 2012

J's Breakfast Cake Muffins

If you are into healthy foods...stop reading now!  

These muffins are far from my healthier Fat Boy Muffins, but they are SOOOOOO yummy :-)  These are what we call in our home "J's Plain Muffins".  My oldest loves muffins, plain.  No blueberries, no nuts, no raisins, just plain sweet muffins.  
 I guess he gets that from me because I love chocolate chip cookies...without the chocolate chips.  Yep, that dough is so sweet you don't need the chocolate messing it up (I know, insane!)
Anyway, I happened upon a pound cake type recipe several years ago and adapted it as our Plain Muffin recipe (or for a fancier name...J's Breakfast Cake Muffins).  
These get baked every couple of months now, J likes them with butter of course. 
I thought you might enjoy them too! 
 Trust me, it is REALLY hard to not eat more than 1...ok 2...but really try to stop at 3!

J's Plain Muffins 
(aka Breakfast Cake Muffins)

1 3/4 c bread or all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp fine sea salt (less if you use salted butter)
1 c sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, softened (microwave for 12 secs if needed)
2 large eggs
3/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 c light sour cream 

In mixer, beat butter and sugar until combined and fluffy.  
Add eggs one at a time, beating between additions.  
Mix in vanilla and sour cream until well blended.  
You can combine all dry ingredients and then add to mixture or add them in this order (mixing to combine after each addition):  baking soda; salt; flour.

Scoop into muffin tin (I use cupcake holders because I despise cleaning muffin tins!) and bake at 400 for 20-22 minutes. 
Now do your best to share!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment